Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Few Days in Tokyo

So we've been here just two and a half hours and its pretty much official — I love Tokyo!  I already think this is just the best place ever!

We come in at eleven at night and have the best service hands down that I have ever experienced at an airport information desk, in my life. The lady was  friendly, efficient and helpful.  It was the same story with the cab driver.

Everything in Tokyo is well labeled and conveniently sized.  The toilets have directions...although it scares me.


There are vending machines everywhere!  The pop bottles are normal, "hey, I a glass of pop" sizes, versus, "I was hoping to give myself diabetes in a single day" sizes we get at home.


The hotel room is teeny tiny but has all the things you need and more.  The flat screen tv is about the same size as the bed.  Origami cranes were waiting for us on top of clean pressed robes.  


There are a complementary razor and hair brush along with toothbrush and toothpaste in the shower.  Everyone needs a hair brush! It's very thoughtful seeming. There are also slippers with disposable inserts for germaphobes.

There is s flashlight on the wall in case of power outages and  a teeny little fridge.  The light switches are practically under the pillow.  And my favourite there is a recycling can in our room!    "Oh Tokyo, you had me at hello."

Seriously it's 1:30 in the morning and I am like over the moon happy.  And I am not the night person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment